Most people don’t particularly like to go to the dentist, but dental visits are an important part of regular medical care. However, if your dentist’s negligence causes you harm, you should contact Lance Ehrenberg, Esq. of Dental Malpractice Lawyers of New York to explore your legal options.
During a free consultation, he will be able to tell you whether you have a viable claim of dental malpractice. If so, he will fight aggressively in court to obtain appropriate compensation for you and your family. Once you become a client of our practice, you will pay no attorneys’ fees until we recover damages.
Although not all dental care mistakes are due to negligence, when you are suffering because your dentist failed to meet the standards of reasonable dental care, the law allows you to be reimbursed for your physical pain and mental anguish as well as for your medical costs and lost income.
Common Dental Mistakes that May Be Evidence of Malpractice
Our dental malpractice law office regularly handles cases involving:
- Failure to take a patient’s medical history or to pay attention to its contents
- Failure to get informed consent prior to a dental procedure
- Failure to diagnose conditions like TMJ or oral cancer
- Improper tooth extractions or dental implantations
- Failure to provide proper postsurgical care (e.g. relative to infection)
- Failure to properly vet or supervise employees, such as hygienists
- Failure to refer you to a specialist when medically necessary
- Failure to administer anesthesia safely
Clients come to our office aware of our well-earned reputation for skilled dental malpractice litigation. We have a long history of successful outcomes, both through settlement and trial verdicts, and we are adept at gathering and closely examining dental records and interviewing witnesses who may help your case. We also have an excellent network of expert witnesses in all fields of dental care whose testimony on your behalf can make all the difference in winning a difficult case.
Injuries that Dental Patients Can Suffer as a Result of Dental Care Mistakes
Whichever type of dentist you are making a claim against — general dentist, endodontist, orthodontist, dental surgeon, etc. — Lance Ehrenberg has the dental and legal knowledge to make the strongest possible case, whichever of the following your lawsuit concerns:
- Nerve damage
- Sinus perforation
- Infection after a tooth extraction
- Dental instrument left in your mouth (or swallowed)
- Crown and bridge treatments leading to open margins, overhanging restorations, or poor occlusion
- Crown and bridge complications requiring full-mouth restoration
- Brain abscess
- Infection after dental implants or loss of the implants themselves
- Worsening condition following a failure to diagnose periodontal disease, resulting in lost teeth or cardiovascular problems, such as stroke or heart attack
- Adverse drug reactions because your dentist failed to take note of the medications you were already taking and how they might interact with prescribed drugs
- Anesthesia complications that may have caused you to feel excruciating pain during a procedure (too little anesthesia) or that may have resulted in a harmful overdose of anesthetics
Young children are especially vulnerable to anesthesia complications. To avoid claims of dental malpractice, dental surgeons have to be hypervigilant in monitoring early symptoms of the malignant hyperthermia (high fever) that may be a first sign that too much anesthesia has been administered.
Also, several of the injuries listed above result in permanent catastrophic consequences, even wrongful death. If your family has endured such a tragedy, while Lance Ehrenberg cannot do anything to ease your grief, he will do all he can to bring you a measure of justice.
Contact Our Experienced Dental Malpractice Attorney Today
If you believe that the injury you or a loved one suffered while under dental care may be the result of the dental malpractice, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Contact us as soon as possible so we can get a head start on collecting relevant data and begin creating a strong legal strategy to recover the damages you deserve.