Lance Ehrenberg, of Lance Ehrenberg, Esq., is an accomplished New York personal injury attorney who has focused on dental malpractice for over three decades. Known for his empathy as well as his sharp litigation skills, he has an impressive record of successful outcomes.
If you have endured the misery associated with dental malpractice, Lance will fight vigorously for your right to just compensation. He would like nothing better than to help you find a positive resolution to your dental malpractice case so you can put all of its stress behind you.
warning: do not sign any peer review/Dental society Mediation or arbitration papers without consulting with a lawyer first.
How Our New York Dental Malpractice Attorney Gives You an Edge
Because he is aware that you may be experiencing financial as well as physical and emotional distress, Lance will not charge you any attorneys’ fees until he recovers the damages you need and deserve.
Also, when you contact our office for legal representation, you will always be working with Lance Ehrenberg himself. You will meet with him at your initial consultation and work with him throughout — never delegated to another lawyer or a paralegal. Lance believes that having direct conversations with one another is essential to good legal representation.
More than that, he will always provide you with personal attention, promptly returning your phone calls, texts, or emails, and answering any questions you have with patience and respect. We know that you are going through a trying time and want to make the process as smooth and easy as possible.
Proving the Elements of Dental Malpractice
In order to win a dental malpractice case, we have to prove the following four elements:
- That a dentist-patient relationship exists between you and your dentist in which your dentist owes you a duty of care at a healthcare provider
- That your dentist breached that duty by not behaving as a reasonable professional would under the same circumstances (i.e. not living up to accepted standards)
- That your dentist’s breach caused you direct harm
- That the harm your dentist caused resulted in real financial losses
Lance has in-depth knowledge of state and federal laws regarding personal injury generally and extensive experience dealing with dental malpractice lawsuits in particular. You can depend on him to be at your side every step of the way, always working in your best interests. He will make your cause his own by listening carefully to the details of your case and making sure his courtroom strategy addresses your unique concerns.
Types of Dental Malpractice Issues We Address
There are myriad types of dental negligence, including, but not limited to:
- Bone loss
- Nerve damage
- Poorly constructed or installed crowns & bridges
- Loss of teeth (e.g. extraction of the wrong tooth)
- Poorly executed dental implants or other oral surgery
- Injuries to teeth, gums, tongue, upper or lower palate, or jaw
- Improper administration or monitoring of anesthesia
- Failing to take or pay attention to a patient’s medical history
- Failure to detect or treat gum disease
- Improperly performed root canals
- Failure to diagnose or treat oral cancer
- Failure to refer the patient to a specialist when necessary
- Use of improperly sterilized equipment
No matter what kind of dental negligence you have suffered, you are entitled to full compensation for the costs of medical care, lost income, and pain and suffering. Lance Ehrenberg will do everything in his power to see that you get it.
What is the Most Common Dental Malpractice?
In New York, the most common dental malpractice claims often involve improper diagnosis or treatment of dental conditions, nerve damage from procedures, and failures or infections related to dental implants. Remember, each case is unique, and consulting a qualified dental malpractice attorney is crucial for accurate assessment.
Services Our New York Attorney Will Provide
While you relax and concentrate on recovering from your trauma, Lance Ehrenberg will take over all legal and logistical matters related to your lawsuit, including:
- Communicating with opposing attorneys and insurance adjusters
- Investigating all dental records (including diagnostic images) & pertinent medical forms
- Interviewing witnesses and gathering evidence
- Investigating the defendant’s history of any similar negligence or misconduct
- Consulting with experts in related fields who may testify in court on your behalf
Most important of all, he will craft a legal strategy customized to your particular case, designed to recover maximum damages.
Damages We Will Fight to Recover
Being a victim of dental malpractice entitles you to both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are reimbursements for actual financial losses, such as:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income, present and future
- Replacement costs
- Extended nursing care if necessary
Non-economic damages are compensation for intangible losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Permanent scarring or another disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When dental malpractice claims involve wrongful death, for example, due to anesthesia errors, we will fight aggressively to obtain resources to pay final medical costs, funeral costs, and damages for loss of financial and/or emotional support and guidance.
Though very rarely awarded in dental malpractice cases, punitive damages may also be assigned by the court if the dentist in question behaved so abominably that the court seeks further punishment. Punitive damages might, for example, be awarded if your dentist performed oral surgery while impaired by drugs or alcohol, intentionally caused you harm, or whose improper administration of anesthesia resulted in a wrongful death.
Contact Our Experienced Dental Malpractice Attorney Today
While going to the dentist is not a favorite activity for most people, it should not be one that involves the risk of injury or disease progression. Lance Ehrenberg knows only too well how detrimental dental negligence can be and is committed to protecting you from its awful consequences. If you have suffered permanent nerve damage, an unnecessary loss of teeth or some other calamity, contact him now to discuss your options.